Because of the weather, we couldn't go to Delta Exhibition Friday evening to visit with Kat & see our Habitat photo. Perhaps I can talk ATM into driving me tomorrow to look at it? We also couldn't go to Ft. Smith to pay our dad a visit. DARN!
Ghost town. JFK Blvd., yesterday @ 5:15 p.m.:


We weren't the only lurkers about:



We weren't the only lurkers about:

Camelias are in bloom! I love the bursts of color that are hidden away in the garden:


Animal prints:

Convoluted chicken dance:



We finally got around to hanging up Lauren's art piece in the dining room. It is where it is supposed to be:


Naturally, we aren't anywhere near done with how we want our home to be, but it is definitely feeling more cozy & filled out around here. I've really been enjoying our house during this snowy, cold weather.
Latest photo of our living room:

Needs drapes! And art! And bookshelves! At the moment, we're holding out for antique barrister bookshelves for our ever-growing book collection. We've got books stacked throughout the house and behind the couch. I am eager to put them in their place.
Pretty neat lamp:


Needs drapes! And art! And bookshelves! At the moment, we're holding out for antique barrister bookshelves for our ever-growing book collection. We've got books stacked throughout the house and behind the couch. I am eager to put them in their place.
Pretty neat lamp:

There are, seemingly, a billion projects that are contingent on other projects being complete before we can start, so that really slows things down to a near grinding halt. It took me a minute after moving in to figure that, ha!, it takes TIME & MONEY to get things done. Imagine that! Whenever we do complete a project, though, I appreciate it that much more. I sit here and wonder what we'll do next. I really have no idea! Probably more painting? It would be ideal to get drapes because it's been cold out & I feel it'll help keep the heat in.
Sometimes I skip (a lot of) steps & think about future projects. Like stenciling a whole wall. The living room is most definitely deserving of this treatment because the walls are big & blank. But, I think I would like it in our bedroom, too. Speaking of which, our poor bedroom. doesn't get very much attention. It is very lucky if we get around to making the bed (Ahem, ATM!), but I guess since it's not the public space of the house, it gets neglected. But, I would very much like to make it a nice little spot for ourselves. I was just telling ATM that whenever we finally get our Kushmaul painting, we should hang it in our bedroom. We'd have to have a lovely boudoir if we wanted company in there to view the painting, yes?
From Ed Roth's Stencil 101 Decor, which I currently have in my possession. This photo, which I may very well rip off, exemplifies the type of stenciling I would appreciate in my home. Subtle, but gives texture:

I read in the current issue Cook's Illustrated that mushrooms past their prime lend a heartier flavor to whatever dish you're making. This is useful knowledge because sometimes I can forget about those white buttons in the back of the fridge there. Obviously don't use them if they smell fermented or are slimy. Otherwise, do it to it! I made a terrific Hungarian mushroom soup for lunch today:



Time for cats! This photo is hilarious because Hot Dog is touching SOLO. He so desperately wants to be liked by her, but it just ain't gonna happen.

Window licker:

Close-eyed!

Does not care, wants to be left alone. Frankly, it's heartbreaking because she used to sleep with us every night. Now she sleeps in the guest room by a drafty window. This new independent streak, no doubt, is because of Hot Dog, but surely she'll come around? No? Don't know what to do about jealous older cat.:

The offending SOB:

We've got a lot coming up: Tet is next weekend. So is Super Bowl. I am 80% certain we are hosting and I have every intention of setting up a grilled cheese sandwich bar. Oh, yes. Several kinds of cheese, a few types of bread, butter, garlic butter. I may have to make a pot of tomato soup for dipping, too. I hope that maybe just maybe the Peeks will be able to venture out? It would be nice to have company over here!
Valentine's Day is approaching & I really don't care, but this year is special because it is a three-day weekend for me! Thank you, President's Day! I really hope ATM is off. Maybe we can go to Hot Springs & wager on some ponies? Friends reading this: let's go!
Also, the winter Olympics are nigh upon us, too. I'm a fan! I'm NOT a fan of the Olympic bosses not allowing women to ski jump. Ridiculous! They say they are just looking after our ovaries. Puh-lease! STFU! I think it's because, like soccer, women would rule the sport if we just had the freaking chance!
From Ed Roth's Stencil 101 Decor, which I currently have in my possession. This photo, which I may very well rip off, exemplifies the type of stenciling I would appreciate in my home. Subtle, but gives texture:

I read in the current issue Cook's Illustrated that mushrooms past their prime lend a heartier flavor to whatever dish you're making. This is useful knowledge because sometimes I can forget about those white buttons in the back of the fridge there. Obviously don't use them if they smell fermented or are slimy. Otherwise, do it to it! I made a terrific Hungarian mushroom soup for lunch today:



Time for cats! This photo is hilarious because Hot Dog is touching SOLO. He so desperately wants to be liked by her, but it just ain't gonna happen.

Window licker:

Close-eyed!

Does not care, wants to be left alone. Frankly, it's heartbreaking because she used to sleep with us every night. Now she sleeps in the guest room by a drafty window. This new independent streak, no doubt, is because of Hot Dog, but surely she'll come around? No? Don't know what to do about jealous older cat.:

The offending SOB:

We've got a lot coming up: Tet is next weekend. So is Super Bowl. I am 80% certain we are hosting and I have every intention of setting up a grilled cheese sandwich bar. Oh, yes. Several kinds of cheese, a few types of bread, butter, garlic butter. I may have to make a pot of tomato soup for dipping, too. I hope that maybe just maybe the Peeks will be able to venture out? It would be nice to have company over here!
Valentine's Day is approaching & I really don't care, but this year is special because it is a three-day weekend for me! Thank you, President's Day! I really hope ATM is off. Maybe we can go to Hot Springs & wager on some ponies? Friends reading this: let's go!
Also, the winter Olympics are nigh upon us, too. I'm a fan! I'm NOT a fan of the Olympic bosses not allowing women to ski jump. Ridiculous! They say they are just looking after our ovaries. Puh-lease! STFU! I think it's because, like soccer, women would rule the sport if we just had the freaking chance!
1 comment:
The house is lookin' good, amd. Again, you're making me look like the toxic bachelorette. (Ha! I am.)
I think Solo is embracing her little brother like she should. She loves him but can't stand him, either.
I wish my snow-in was a little more interesting: eat, watch Buffy, listen to music, eat, watch Buffy, listen to music, eat eat eat.
Post a Comment